Friday, August 8, 2008

Games People Play

What possible connection could these items have in common?

Give up?

So I was pretty frustrated because of work and I just wanted to not think about anything so I decided to go to a movie. The local dollar theatre ( excuse me.."discount theatre" as they call it now because it is really a buck 50) was playing "The Happening". I heard that it sucked but I was going to the movies alone and what better time to see a movie that no one else has a desire to see?

I hadn't had dinner yet and I was having a craving for sushi. So I went over to smithies and picked up a box of their horribly mediocre sushi. Ahhhh but here is where the fun starts. Becasue of its odd shape I thought it might be a little difficult to sneak it into the theatre. But I realized this was in no way a challenge. Venturing into a self induced game of dare, I impulsively grabbed various pieces of loot that had only one destination............"The Happening".

As I stood in line, I gazed upon my treasures like I was 10 years old again and just returned home from a wicked night of trick or treat. Those mini candy bars were worth more than gold to me in those days. Screw the smarties, tootsie rolls and jolly ranchers. Give me the candy bars, sixlets and boxes of nerds.

In the end I had gathered:

12 pieces of sushi
1 12 oz bottle of mountain dew
1 3 pack of Zingers
1 tube of pringles

Now I gotta admit that the biggest challenge was the pringles. I am not going to divulge where I resorted to hiding those. Lets just say it was similar to when I tried to sneak a mini boom microphone into the Primus concert. Which, I am proud to say, that even though they caught me with the micrphone, I talked my way into them letting me in with it anyway.

Although it was difficult, I am proud to say that I did indeed complete the challenge. I feel like I have been training for this all my life because if there was one thing that I learned from Papa Bill, it was how to sneak food into theatres. And to celebrate, I sat back and enjoyed not the movie but rather the astonishment of my co-film watcher's facial expressions as they saw me chowing down pieces of sushi with my chopsticks.

Do I have any challengers?

6 comments:

Larissa said...

Um, apparently it's genetic. Last night I went to the 1.75 movie (price raised recently, had to loan .25 to two people who were unprepared - that's another story!) wherein I snuck my own popped popcorn in a tupperware container along with my own melted white chocolate and a bottle of water. M-m-m-m-m delish! The lady next to me had a can of pop and some treats.
I would never dare sneak pringles into the theatre. I'd be afraid they'd drop out in front of a manager or something and I'd be banned for life from the $1.75 "discount theatre". And, no one wants that.

Eric said...

I have a hard time sneaking pringles in places since it already looks like I'm sneaking pringles in places just naturally. I'm that spectacular.

D-Rock said...

I guess I'm glad I never asked you to share

Summer said...

Man, you guys are cheapskates. Can't you just wait for 2 hours to eat. Or eat before. Larissa pulled the popcorn trick on me as we went to the movies the other night. Ridiculous!

And Spew.....you wish!

Larissa said...

D-rock,
Why you no blog? Why you no blog? I need some funny to read.

D-Rock said...

My computer is broken so......

very little blogging.

I get something going